Manchester Central Branch
Welcome to the Manchester Central Branch of the RCN. The branch covers all members working in the Manchester, Trafford and Salford areas of Greater Manchester. With a membership of over 11,000 nurses, assistant practitioners, health care support workers and students, we are the biggest branch in the UK.
As a relatively new branch, we want to develop nursing networks and information structures not just for those who work for large NHS employers within the branch, but also for members who work in the independent and voluntary sectors, in GP practices, and in education. This will enable the branch to become influential within Greater Manchester in discussing and developing the health care agendas within the cities.
We have already helped to prepare the RCN response to the congestion charge in Greater Manchester, in consultation with those members affected, who helped us to decide to oppose the proposals.
The branch meets formally four times a year, with smaller workplace and interest meetings taking place as members request them.
- Chair: Hamish Kemp
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Jayne Greeop
- Treasurer & Diversity Champion: Cath Leach
- Public Relations Officer: Dave Dawes
- Email: email@example.com
Regional office Support
- RCN Senior Officer: Maria Bryant
- RCN Officers: Belinda Whitehead and Joanne Heyworth
- Patch Administrator: Chris Moores
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01204 552433
- Steward and Safety Representative (Rep): Jayne Greenop
Employer: Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT)
- Steward: Mary Dawber
Employer: The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steward and Safety Representative: Cath Leach (also UK Steward for the North West)
Employer: The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Safety Representative: Catriona Forsyth (also UK Safety Representative for the North West)
Employer: Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT)
- Steward: Lesley O'Neill
Employer: Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Steward: Monica Weir
Employer: Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust
Workplaces covered by the branch
- Central Manchester University Hospitals (CMFT) NHS Foundation Trust
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospital of South Manchester (UHSM) NHS Foundation Trust
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT)
- Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust
- Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Manchester
- NHS Trafford
- NHS Salford
- Bridgewater Community Health
- Forest Bank Prison
- Manchester Prison
- University of Salford
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
- South Manchester CCG
- North Manchester CCG
- Central Manchester CCG
- Salford CCG
- Trafford CCG
- Greater Manchester LAT
Regional board link
Each branch has a member of the regional board who links in with them to keep them informed about Board activities and provides an effective route for feeding branch information back to the Board. The regional board links for the Manchester Central Branch are Claire Chatterton and Hamish Kemp, and they can be contacted by email at email@example.com and Hamish.Kemp@rcn.org.uk
7 October 2015. From 4.30pm in the Boardroom, Ronald McDonald House, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, M13 9WL. Contact Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The branch AGM is where you can play a major role in shaping the future of your branch. You can have your say on how your local branch is run and learn more about the activities the branch undertakes. You can also contribute to discussions about the branch's priorities for the coming year; elect the branch executive committee; and ratify the accreditation of local RCN representatives. Why not stand for election yourself to the branch executive committee.
So if you're a member, please do come along and get more involved with your local RCN and ensure that your voice is heard on the issues that matter to you.
Details of branch meetings for the remainder of 2015 coming soon.
20 November 2015: Practice Nurse Conference at the Bolton Arena, Arena Approach, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6LB; from 9am-4pm. Chaired by Greater Manchester Branch Secretary Victoria Fletcher-Simm. For more information, please contact Sam Kay, email email@example.com.