All members belong to an RCN branch. Branches work across the NHS, the independent and third sectors to deliver local services to members and provide opportunities for members to participate in, shape and influence the work of the RCN at a regional and national level.
Each branch has a network of local representatives who are the first port of call for members who need to talk to someone about a workplace or professional issue. The branch executive work together to organise the services you receive locally, plan events and activities, and work closely with regional RCN staff.
Much more information about each of the local branches in Yorkshire & the Humber, including contact details and events can be found by following the links on this page.
Which branch do I belong to?
Branches are allocated by your workplace address. This is the address of your current work base. Members who are retired or not currently working will be allocated a branch according to their home address. Check and update your workplace address in MyRCN.
Consultation: changes to branches in Yorkshire & The Humber
The consultation into the reconfiguration of RCN branches across Yorkshire and the Humber has now concluded. After consulting with regional members the Board has decided to reconfigure the 15 branches into six branches as follows:
- North (Harrogate, Northallerton, North Yorkshire Coast and York)
- Humber (Hull and East Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire and Scunthorpe)
- South (Barnsley, Doncaster; and Rotherham)
- Sheffield (Sheffield)
- West (Bradford and Airedale, Calderdale and Huddersfield and Mid-Yorkshire)
- Leeds (Leeds)
The new arrangements will take effect following the AGMs in the autumn.
Your branch meetings
Branch meetings are open to all RCN members. Why not go to a meeting near you and find out what your branch is doing? More details appear on the individual branch pages below or talk to your local representative. Alternatively call the Yorkshire & the Humber regional office on: 0345 456 7869.
Get more from your RCN and get involved
We are always keen to recruit new members and activists. All of our training is high quality so sound preparation for management and leadership. Do you want to get more active? If so, then talk to your local representative or call the Yorkshire & the Humber Regional Office on 0345 456 7869.
Local branches (due to change Autumn 2014)
- Barnsley (will become part of South Branch)
- Bradford and Airedale (will become part of West Branch)
- Calderdale and Huddersfield (will become part of West Branch)
- Doncaster (will become part of South Branch)
- Hull and East Yorkshire (will become part of Humber Branch)
- Leeds (will remain as Leeds Branch)
- Mid Yorkshire (will become part of West Branch)
- North East Lincolnshire (will become part of Humber Branch)
- Rotherham (will become part of South Branch)
- Scunthorpe (will become part of Humber Branch)
- Sheffield (will remain Sheffield Branch)
- North Yorkshire Cluster (includes Harrogate, Northallerton, North Yorkshire Coast and York)