The RCN is run by members, for members, and there are so many ways that you can get involved - from simply voting in elections to becoming an activist. You can make a difference to the College and to nursing, and this page will show you how.
- Join the RCN - Not a member? Learn about the benefits of membership and sign up now!
- Come to an event - The RCN holds events and conferences throughout the year to help develop your career and update your practice, including RCN Congress, the UK's biggest nursing event which all RCN members can attend for free.
- Join a forum - RCN Forums are UK-wide networks of nurses who share the same nursing specialism or area of interest. If you are interested in keeping up with news and best practice guidance in your field, why not join a forum? All RCN members can join up to three for free!
- Get involved in our campaigns - Find out what campaigns are running now to support nurses and promote better care.
- Vote - Find out what RCN elections are happening now, and remember to return your voting papers when they arrive in the post.
- Contribute to a consultation - Visit this page to take part in health and social care policy consultations. Tell us what you think!
- Find out more - Learn about current RCN projects.
Take on a more active role
- Become a rep - Find out how to become a steward, learning rep or safety rep and support members in your area.
- Become a forum steering committee member - Make a difference to nursing practice in your specialism.
- Join one of our committees or task and finish groups - Visit the appointments page to find out about current vacancies.
- Join a country or regional board - Visit the elections page to find out how you can join a board and advise the RCN on the issues that matter in your area.
- Stand for Council - Visit our elections page to find out how you can join Council and influence the future of the College, and nursing itself.
- Join the RCN Students Committee - Stand up for students by standing for election.
- Aim high - Stand for RCN President, Deputy President, Chair and Vice Chair of Congress. See the elections page for current vacancies.