Candidate details - Cecilia Anim
Election: Deputy President
Candidate name: Cecilia Anim
Candidate email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing and academic qualifications held:
- Registered General Nurse
- Community Nursing; Clinical Nurse Specialist in Women's Health
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing
- Diploma in Community Diabetes
- Independent Nurse Prescriber
RCN activities over the past ten years:
- 1995–Current RCN Steward
- 1997–Current RCN Safety rep
- 1999–2009 Branch Secretary
- 2000–Current Staffside Secretary
- 2002-Current Set up Menopause Support Network for Nurses, London Region
- 2005-2009 Member of RCN Menopause Nurses Steering Committee
- 2008 London Region Board Region
- 2009-Current Branch Chair
With a nursing career spanning over 30 years specialising in women's health, I have acquired expert knowledge and skills in a range of clinical settings, both in primary and secondary care.
Working in the community, I am acutely aware of the concerns faced by frontline nurses and the public at large. I believe this insight affords me a unique advantage to really understand and appreciate the challenges that nurses and nursing are up against.
As an active steward for the past 15 years, it has been my privilege to support RCN members and nursing. I am skilled in conflict resolution and have worked in partnership with other staffside unions on agenda for change. My negotiating and communication skills have been fundamental in influencing decisions to bring about positive outcomes for my colleagues and patients.
Commitment to my local community is also important to me. I have been Chair of a school governing body for 6 years working with patients and teachers to bring about effective interventions in governance and raising attainment standards for pupils.
With my drive and ability to engage and promote professional developments of colleagues, I was awarded the RCN certificate of merit for outstanding achievements to members in 2000. My passion is our profession and as Deputy President, will take your concerns, listen, facilitate and lobby on your behalf, working with you to drive the future of nursing forward. Together we can realise our goals and champion nurses and nursing both at home and abroad.
North Central London Inner Branch, Inner North East London Branch and North West London Outer Branch