The RCN represents nurses and nursing, promotes excellence in practice and shapes health policies.
To deliver our mission we aim to:
- the interests of nurses and nursing and be their voice locally, nationally and internationally.
- and lobby governments and others to develop and implement policy that improves the quality of patient care, and builds on the importance of nurses, health care assistants and nursing students to health outcomes.
Support and protect
- the value of nurses and nursing staff in all their diversity
- their terms and conditions of employment in all employment sectors
- the interests of nurses professionally.
- and educate nurses professionally and academically, building our resource of professional expertise and leadership
- the science and art of nursing and its professional practice.
- a sustainable, member led, organisation with the capacity to deliver our mission effectively, efficiently and in accordance with our values
- the systems, attitudes and resources to offer the best possible support and development to our staff.
Our strategic plan
The RCN's strategic plan for 2013 to 2018 defines what is important to the RCN and sets out the organisation's aims and aspirations. Visit the strategic plan page for more information and to read the plan.