RCN UK Safety Representatives Committee
The committee provides a network for the feedback of information to local learning representatives and boards, and advises on the development of RCN policy on workplace health and safety issues. It also provides a means for boards and local representatives to feed up their concerns and priorities to the Trade Union Governance Group and MRC. Members of the committee are elected to their boards by stewards in their country or region.
Your local safety representatives
- Eastern: Andrew Ferguson
- East Midlands: Neil Thompson
- London: Karen Barrett
- Northern: Denise McLaughlin
- North West: Cath Forsyth
- South East: Alison Upton
- South West: Lesley Pallet
- West Midlands: Mitzi Wilson
- Yorkshire & The Humber: Debbie Thomas
Northern Ireland member
- David McKerr
- Elspeth Caithness
- William Nichols
- Mairi Gaffney (Public Health Forum)
Electing the committee
For current vacancies on this committee please visit our elections and appointments pages.
- Download the full UK Safety Representatives Committee terms of reference (PDF 23.3KB)
- Download Trade union activity at the RCN - a guide to the decision-making framework (PDF 71.7KB)
Updates on the work of the committee and meeting minutes can be found in the activist section (members only).
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.