On these pages you will find the agenda, minutes, summaries and papers from past Council meetings. Dates of upcoming meetings can be found on the calendar page.
If you have any questions about meeting papers, please email email@example.com
Observe a meeting
Any RCN member or staff member can attend and observe the open sessions of Council. If you would like to attend can you please contact the governance support team at firstname.lastname@example.org in good time before the Council meeting so that we can note your interest in attending the open session of Council.
Guidance for observers at meetings
RCN members and members of the press who wish to observe at open sessions of Council or other governance meetings may do so under the RCN Corporate Governance Policy: Openness and confidentiality.
- Council members and external advisers on governance committees may also observe meetings where they are not a member, including confidential sessions, but are subject to the same limitations as other observers.
- Observers must seek permission to observe from the Chair, through the relevant committee administrator (via email@example.com).
- Observers do not have the right to speak, although the Chair may invite an observer to speak in special circumstances.
- Observers do not have the right to vote.
- Observers may be denied attendance if there is insufficient space thereby contravening the fire regulations. Observers may also be asked to leave by the committee.
- Observers will be invited to sit in the 'observer' seats, separated from members of the committee and the staff in attendance for committee support.
- Observers are not able to claim expenses for attendance.