Some links on this page are in PDF format - see how to access PDF files.
Your views on how policies may affect you and your patients - and your suggested solutions and alternatives - really can influence change. There are many ways of getting involved with the policy work of the RCN in Scotland. Examples include:
- sharing your views on nursing issues that matter to you, from government consultations to new laws to health board plans and clinical practice
- working with the RCN to influence politicians and the media
- being a key contact for when the RCN needs an 'on the ground' prespective of a particular issue
- signing up to receive the RCN Scotland monthly e-newsletter, which covers topical news stories, upcoming events and policy and campaigning updates.
Fill out this simple online form and get involved today.
The RCN currently needs your views on
- The Frontline First campaign
Recently completed policy activity
Please find links below to the responses and submissions RCN Scotland has recently completed
- The senior charge nurse and community team leader role (PDF 311KB)
- RCN response to teenage pregnancy inquiry (PDF 61KB)
- RCN response to women and work inquiry (PDF 64KB)
- Service specification for intermediate care placements in care homes (PDF 153KB)
- The rights of children and young people in Scotland (PDF 163KB)
- Integration of health and social care - a snapshot of current practice in Scotland (PDF 280KB)
- Regulation of independent healthcare in Scotland (PDF 196KB)
- The future of general practice in Scotland (PDF 57.4KB)
- Primary Medical Services and the GMS Contract - RCN Scotland response to Nicola Sturgeon, Cabinet Secretary (PDF 41.1KB)
- Christie Commission - Future Delivery of Public Services (PDF 92.6KB)
- Future Options for Health and Social Care (PDF 129KB)
- Mental Health Strategy 2011-15 (PDF 228KB)
- Improving advocacy for children and young people (PDF 142KB)
- National risk assessment for child protection (PDF 80.5KB)
For earlier responses please contact RCN Policy Administrator, David Liddle: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Try the UK policy pages or a list of other useful websites.