The RCN has re-launched this website very recently, and we are working very hard to ensure it is accessible to everyone. We are working with the RNIB to ensure a fully accessible site. We also aim to reach compliance with Priority 2 of the W3C guidelines.
The accessibility guidelines we follow include:
- Allowing users to control text sizes
- Using an easy to read font type
- Ensuring suitable foreground and background colour contrast
- Using clear and simple grammar
- Providing meaningful text equivalents for pictures
- Providing simple, consistent site navigation
- Ensuring the target of each link is clearly defined
- Providing a sitemap
- Providing navigational shortcuts for users of text only browsers and page readers
- Using appropriate structural mark-up to maximise browser support
- Ensuring all content and functionality is available to users without content style sheet (CSS), image and script support
We are testing and developing this site on an ongoing basis. Should any user have difficulty in accessing the content of this site, please email the Web Team (email@example.com) and we will do our best to solve problems as we become aware of them.