Continence care conference
Published: 31 October 2012
What’s in, what's out, and what nurses want to shout about – research in continence care
The RCN Continence Care conference and exhibition takes place on 15 - 16 November at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Birmingham.
The programme includes a keynote presentation by forum member Wendy Ness, a colorectal nurse specialist who will present on updated RCN guidance on the management of lower bowel dysfunction, including digital rectal examination (DRE) and digital removal of faeces (DRF).
The other keynote speakers are Professors Dawn Dowding, Francine Cheater and Brenda Roe.
- a debate on the pros and cons of intentional rounding (task-oriented care) and whether it could improve the standard of continence care
- information on the development of a decision tool for the management of urinary incontinence in women in primary and community care
- a presentation on how the RCN's catheter care guidelines will influence care
- continence across continents – RCT study testing behavioural intervention workshops for women who are 60 years and over
- transcutaneous posterior tibial nerve stimulation for bladder and bowel dysfunction.
Further details, including a full programme, are available via the event webpage.