Advanced Nurse Practitioner Forum
Welcome to the RCN Advanced Nurse Practitioner Forum community.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner Forum provides support for Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANPs) and those aspiring to become ANPs. The forum promotes the use of the newly published RCN Competencies (2012). It strives to raise the profile and added value that ANPs bring to health improvement and patient care at local, national and international events.
If you're not yet a member of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner Forum, what are you waiting for? RCN members can join forums free of charge, and benefits include regular e-newsletters from the forum keeping you up to date on topics such as good practice and forthcoming events. Please consider the ANP forum as your first preference as this directly influences the number of votes we have at Congress.
Each forum also has its own area on the RCN's Discussion Zone where you can network with others in your specialty. To join just call RCN Direct on 0345 772 6100 - option 1.
- Over 2012/13 to continue to lobby the NMC for nationally registered standards for advanced nursing practice.
- Work with the RCN, centres of excellence, education providers and commissioners to improve the breadth and depth of training and education opportunities available for nurses practising or aspiring to practice at advanced levels.
- To share good practice via our national conference and newsletter.
- To undertake a survey of ANPs via the newsletter, website and other agencies to establish a current and comprehensive picture of advanced nursing practice.
- To undertake a medicines management project over the period 2012/2013, culminating in the production and trial of a visual prompt for use by nurse prescribers within the consultation.