Cardiovascular nurses community
Cardiovascular nurses have long been at the forefront of innovation and role enhancement, and so we continue with this dedicated hub.
This community can be used as both a support tool for your everyday practice and for your career development.
Cardiovascular disease covers the spectrum of nursing practice, including acute care, emergency departments and critical care units, supporting community-based patients with hypertension, arrhythmias or heart failure, providing diagnostic services, rehabilitation or palliative care and tackling the wider risks of disease via a public health role.
Whatever your present job – however you see your future unfolding – this network is a dynamic resource that will be expanded and updated daily. That means each time you visit this network you’ll have access to:
- all the latest news and events
- key protocols and government documents
- learning materials
- examples of best practice
- forums, discussion groups and interactive support from leading experts and frontline nurses in the field.
RCN Cardiovascular Nurses' Network Conference - Nursing the Heart 2008
The RCN Cardiovascular Nurses' Network had it's first annual conference "Nursing the Heart" in February 2008. You can now download the PowerPoint presentations given by the speakers on the day by visiting nursing the heart 2008 presentations.
- New genetic basis for development of an enlarged heart
- Juice 'prevents clogged arteries'
- Heart disease warning for women
- Heart cells cultured in the lab
- All over-40s in England to get vascular screening
- New graphs monitor hospital performance in angioplasty
- Heart risk may be set in the womb
- Heart attack risk
- decision framework for STEMI
New publication launched
Network in Europe
The European Society of Cardiology invites you to join their Council of Cardiovascular nursing for free. To take advantage of this offer please visit the ESC website.
Get the most from your community
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from