RCN International Humanitarian Community
Welcome to the RCN International Humanitarian Community web pages.
This community brings together health care practitioners interested in the field of international humanitarian health care. Members of this community include registered practitioners, health care assistants, students and volunteers.
The aims of the community are to:
- Enable people interested in international humanitarian health care and development work to share experiences, support each other with practical advice and learn from each other
- Put the RCN in touch with individuals who are interested in or have undertaken work in this field
- Raise the profile of international humanitarian health care and development work.
To join the RCN International Humanitarian Community please complete the membership registration form. You don't need to be an RCN member to join this community.
If you're interested in working in a humanitarian capacity, you can read Working with humanitarian organisations: a guide for nurses, midwives and health professionals (PDF 710 KB).
Latest News and Hot Topics
- THET Primary Care & Public Health Conference
- Help select ten priority topics needing evidence in disasters or humanitarian crises
- AoMRC statement urges employers to facilitate global health volunteering
- Deadline extended for humanitarian project grants
- Vote on your priorities for a better world post-2015