Humanitarian Community Members' Stories
There are two ways for you to make your voice heard:
- get involved in your community's discussion zone
- email the editor with a story for the website or a piece for the newsletter: email@example.com
The Discussion Zone is easy to use and is an excellent place to share news, views and ideas. Alternatively, if you send in a written feature article or opinion piece it could be published on this page, and possibly in the regular newsletter that goes out to all the humanitarian community members. See the links below for some real-life stories shared by community members.
In your own words
Real-life stories from humanitarian community members and international humanitarian workers:
- Liberia- a different world, yet Save the Children is making things better (PDF 291 KB) - by Kath Evans
- Making a difference in central Vietnam: neonatal nurse training – by Suzanna Lubran
- A student placement in Democratic Republic of Congo - by Cikwanine Gisele Rwegema
- Six months in 'mangnificent' Manguzi (PDF 45 KB) - by Emily Hufton
- Training Theatre Nurses in Africa (PDF 181 KB) - by Judy Mewburn
- Breast Screening in Palestine (PDF 342.6 KB) - by Rachel Nassif
Email the editor
Your community editor can add new content to your community website and will gratefully receive any content that you feel could benefit other members. You could for example share:
- international experiences
- your opinions
- feature articles
- consultation documents
- useful links
- resource material (books, manuals, websites, etc).
Get writing and email your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved in lively debate. Go to the RCN International Humanitarian Community discussion area.