Categories of accreditation
- Events consisting of aims, learning outcomes and objectives (these may include assessment)
- Learning and development programmes consisting of aims, learning outcomes and objectives (normally including formal assessment)
- Credit-bearing degree programmes offered by a recognised university/higher educational institution
- Hard-copy learning and development resources consisting of aims, learning outcomes and objectives
- E-learning involves online modules consisting of aims, learning outcomes and objectives (these may contain assessment)
- Guidelines, standards and competency frameworks.
We are unable to accredit websites, but learning hosted on a website can be considered.
The RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation (CPA) now offers self-assessment through our newly established self-assessment centre. If you are in the process of developing an idea for a product or service, or would like some guidance on developing your product or service to ensure it is ready to apply for RCN accreditation, then you will benefit from the self-assessment service.
This service involves a half day consultation with an RCN self-assessment consultant who will review your application against the RCN accreditation quality assurance standards and provide feedback to help further development.
The fee for this service is £500.00 + VAT
Please contact us for more information about this service.
Acknowledgement of your application
An email receipt is sent when an application is received by the accreditation unit, this is followed by a formal email acknowledgment giving an event reference number and details of the accreditation fee. If you have not had a response from the unit within five working days after sending your application, please contact us.
For information on the fees associated with RCN accreditation services please view the UK accreditation fee structure (PDF 57KB). Please contact us for information on international fees for RCN accreditation.
Application form and guidance
Below you will find a link to the RCN CPA application form and application guidance. Please refer to the guidance document when completing your application form and ensure all supporting information is included when submitting your application.
- RCN CPA application form (Word 259KB)
- RCN CPA application guidance (PDF 141KB) [see how to access PDF files]
Please find below the 10 RCN quality assurance standards which applications are assessed against:
Not sure about your application?
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process. If your training does not fit neatly into an existing category we would be happy to talk through your specific requirements.