Virtual enquiry service
If you have any enquiries about:
- sources of information
- searching strategies and techniques
- evaluating information
- using library services
- accessing resources in the RCN e-library.
Or you just want to check the availability of specific items. Try the virtual enquiry service available from:
- 9am - 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- 10am - 4pm (Saturdays except in August)
- An out of hours service operates from midnight to 9am Sunday to Friday UK time.
Out of hours service
Because members' working lives do not fit into restricted hours, we have set up an out of hours service to cover the times when RCN staff are not available. We have done this in co-operation with information services of health organisations across the world. Our ultimate aim is to provide a virtual enquiry service whenever you need information.
What the service offers
- Contact with an information professional when you need help in finding database information after hours.
- The service makes use of time zone differences between countries, so an information professional who is at work in another country will be able to answer your query via a live chat session. This service is a collaborative effort currently provided between information professionals in the United Kingdom and Australia.
What to expect
- All Chasing the Sun information professionals may see your query, and you may be contacted by your local information professional for feedback on the service you received.
- The service is not for general problems with IT or computer connectivity, for example if databases are not working. Chasing the Sun information professionals are not able to assist with password difficulties. The service also cannot help in location or using material that is specific to your own organisation.