This forum supports all members who provide specialist nursing to children and young people across all care settings
The forum welcomes members from all specialist areas of CYP nursing practice, and has identified links and shared working with specific communities:
CYP cancer nurses
CYP diabetes nurses
CYP endocrine nurses
CYP HIV nurses
CYP rheumatology nurses
CYP urology/continence nurses.
- To provide a voice for our members.
- Advocate for children and young people with specialist nursing care needs.
- Maintain and co-ordinate shared activity across our constituent communities.
- Support and develop the shared work programme of the CYP forums.
- Facilitate collaboration with other forums for specific projects.
- Provide mutual networking opportunities.
RCN CYP Specialist Care Forum objectives 2014-2015
To continue to work with other RCN CYP forums, colleagues from other professional bodies, and the nurse adviser in developing a shared work programme to raise the profile of children and young people within the RCN and at national policy level.
To work with colleagues across the CYP Forums and the RCN communications team to develop and maintain a communications strategy that reaches and engages with the wider membership and reports regularly and clearly on the work of the forum.
Publication of guidance document on ‘advanced practice and specialist roles in CYP nursing’. Launch document at Congress, and undertake further dissemination.
To review and update, as required, current RCN publications linked to the forum.
To work with colleagues in Community and Continuing Care Forum, and Staying Healthy Forum (School Nurses) to develop guidance on meeting specialist health care needs in school.