Practice Nurses' Association
Welcome to the RCN Practice Nurses' Association.
If you're not yet a member of the Practice Nurses' Association, what are you waiting for? RCN members can join forums free of charge, and benefits include regular e-newsletters from the forum keeping you up to date on topics such as good practice and forthcoming events. Each forum also has its own area on the RCN's Discussion Zone where you can network with others in your specialty. To join just call RCN Direct on 0345 772 6100 - option 1.
We have put together a graphic view of what practice nurses do - it's a bit of everything - please have a look, download and print, and feel free to distribute to colleagues: The General Practice Nursing Tree (Word 211kb)
Forum key activities 2015-16
- To work towards the development of standards and guidance for the employment of General Practice Nurses.
- To engage with organisations significantly involved with nurse revalidation to ensure equity with other areas of nursing practice.
- To continue to provide expert opinion about nursing in General Practice to colleagues, health and non-health related professional bodies and other agencies.
- To work with higher education institutions to develop appropriate programmes of study for existing and prospective general practice nursing.
- To support our Community nursing colleagues in providing the best possible care in or near to our client's homes.
- To communicate to our membership by embracing new technologies
- To further general practice nurse interests and issues through a strong forum presence at Congress.
- To work towards a series of study days in 2015 and 2016 that provide professional and educational content.