Pages within this clinical governance online resource will be updated on a regular basis as well as offering a number of other ways in which you can keep up-to-date and find out about further resources.
Quality and safety eBulletin
- you can register for the RCN Quality and Safety eBulletin which we send out on a fortnightly basis by email and which uses themes similar to those within this online resource to capture news and describe new resources and initiatives. You can use the sign-up form to register for both the Quality and Safety eBulletin and the separate Research Bulletin which is a weekly Bulletin sent out by the RCN Research Society - sign up for the RCN Quality and Safety eBulletin.
- the latest eBulletin will be added to the eBulletin archive page along with issues of earlier Bulletins
Updating via books and journal articles
The RCN library and heritage services can be accessed using your membership number:
- ejournals – access to more than 1,000 full text journals via databases and an A-Z list.
- ebooks – these are searchable collections.
- databases - you can use to search for article references and some of them also include full text articles.
Each of these resources has a short online demo illustrating how to use them which you can access from the pages above.
For further advice on using the resources and related queries use the virtual enquiry service.
Looking for help with your searching skills?
- An RCN Learning Zone area ‘How trustworthy is your information’ can help you in researching topics in support of your day-to-day work or studies. The learning is arranged around the RCN competences for information literacy and guides you through some of the issues and activities involved, including using information legally, inclusively and ethically and applying and communicating the results of your information search appropriately – Visit How trustworthy is your information (you will need your RCN membership number to access).
- The RCN information literacy competences are intended to support the individual and the nursing team’s thinking about information required to inform activities of varying complexity. They are mapped to the Knowledge and Skills Framework – see Finding, using and managing information (PDF 1.4MB) - see how to access PDF files.
RCN Research and Innovation Team weekly eBulletin
The RCN Research eBulletin aims to keep you posted with the very latest developments in the world of research and development.
To register for the eBulletin and to see examples visit fortnightly electronic bulletin.