This page provides details of the resources and publications available for this clinical guideline.
The guideline was reviewed in February 2012 - see CG25 Violence: review decision. Following on from this review an update of the guideline is currently in progress with an intended publication date of April 2015 - see: Violence and aggression (update).
Violence: The short-term management of disturbed/violent behaviour in in-patient psychiatric settings and emergency departments (full guideline)
The National Collaborating Centre for Nursing and Supportive Care (NCC-NSC) was commissioned by NICE to develop these guidelines. This document describes the methods for developing the guidelines and presents the resulting recommendations. It is the source document for the NICE short-form version (135 pages).
- Publication Type - RCN Clinical guideline (full guideline)
- Publication Date - February 2005
- NICE Review Date - see information at top of this page
- RCN Publication code - 003 017
- Availability - Web and hard copy
- Violence: The short-term management of disturbed/violent behaviour in in-patient psychiatric settings and emergency departments (PDF 1.62MB) [see how to access PDF files]
- Appendices (478 pages) (PDF 4.48MB).