Dementia - best practice examples
The RCN launched a 'Commitment to the care of people with dementia in general hospitals' which was based on innovative practice shared by practitioners across the UK. Examples of this work can be seen in our best practice gallery to support others in implementing the principles outlined in the Commitment.
Further information and resources can be found at Commitment to the care of people with dementia in hospital settings.
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
- Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- The Butterfly Scheme
Further best practice examples can be found in the RCN's older people resource. See: Older people - best practice examples.