Commitment to the care of people with dementia in general hospitals
Make SPACE for good dementia care
The top five ingredients for supporting good dementia care
1. Staff who are skilled and have time to care
2. Partnership working with carers
3. Assessment and early identification of dementia
4. Care plans which are person centred and individualised
5. Environments that are dementia friendly.
You can also read about innovative practice shared by practitioners across the UK which illustrate these top ingredients for supporting good dementia care - see best practice examples.