This page signposts a range of additional RCN resources which you can use to update yourself on this topic and continue to draw upon to meet your further learning and development needs.
See also the RCN Learning Zone resource on IBS for information and further resources. For details of this resource see Learning with the RCN.
Looking for articles and books on this topic?
RCN Library and Heritage Centre
The RCN Library and Heritage services can be accessed using your membership number provides:
- e-journals – access to more than 1,000 full text journals via databases and an A-Z list, now including some psychology journals.
- e-books – you can search across the collections for references to IBS.
- databases you can use to search for article references and some of them also include full text articles.
- library catalogue - the catalogue can be accessed from the public website and includes the e-books and selected reports, books and theses available on the Internet.
For further advice on using the resources and related queries use the Virtual enquiry service.
Looking for courses?
- Distance learning through the OU-RCN Strategic Alliance - The Open University (OU) and the RCN have joined forces to encourage greater participation in education and training through flexible work work-based learning. Most courses can be studied as stand-alone modules as well as part of an award.
- RCN Events – conferences and events across the four UK countries to support both your personal and professional development. See also RCN Accredited events and conferences.
RCN Quality and Safety eBulletin
Issued fortnightly and organised around key themes such as patient safety, quality improvement tools and techniques, patient focus, and eHealth, the eBulletin will keep you up to date with clinical governance news, developments, publications and events across the four UK countries. We aim to highlight any new improvement tools and processes, patient experience and practice examples that could be relevant to implementing the IBS guidance.
For further information and to register to receive copies see RCN Quality and Safety eBulletin.
RCN Research and Innovation bulletin
The RCN Research Bulletin aims to keep you posted with the very latest developments in the world of research and development.
You can register for the bulletin and view an archive of earlier issues at RCN Research weekly electronic bulletin.