Welcome to the RCN's older people resource.
It has never been a more exciting time to be working with older people, the population is ageing and responses to older peoples nursing needs have developed in many diverse and person centred ways. It must also be acknowledged that as people live longer those with complex and intensive health needs are increasing. These pages focus on nursing older people who are living with frailty and intensity of need. The pages include coverage of two specific current areas of interest:
- the concept and implications of living with frailty
- some bespoke resources specifically for staff who work in care home.
In addition to the above focus this resource brings together a range of documents, links and websites that can inform and support care for older people. It includes information and publications from work that the RCN has been carrying out on older people's care; examples of good practice in caring for older people; links to the work of key organisations that support and promote good care and literature and resources.
How to use the site
You can use this resource to:
- find out more about key issues affecting older people, including personalisation, frailty, integrated care, healthy ageing and delirium.
- explore examples of good practice that have been shared so far
- identify RCN resources that support the care of older people
- keep up to date with UK wide resources to support you
- discover more about specific aspects of care
- learn more about the care of older people in care homes
- read themed bulletins on older people and carers.
SPACE for Care Homes
Following the development of online older peoples resources the RCN are now recruiting care homes (with nursing) to the SPACE principles pilot. See the advert for more detail. This is a free programme, offering structured RCN support to the successful applicants.
RCN Older People's forum and British Geriatrics Society joint conference - save the date
The RCN Older People's forum and BGS joint conference will take place on the 14 April, 2016 in Birmingham. Please save the date, further details to follow soon.
If you have any comments or enquiries regarding this resource please contact us at: email@example.com.