RCN Annual International Nursing Research Conference
16 - 18 May 2011, Harrogate International Centre, Harrogate, England, UK
- Poster and oral presentation awards
- Marjorie Simpson new researchers' award
- Akinsanya award for innovation in doctoral studies in nursing
- Mary Seacole (RCN) awardees' conference reports
- Join us on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=74646374808
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RCNResSoc
About the conference
The RCN Research Society is pleased to announce the 2011 international nursing research conference. This conference is being organised by the Royal College of Nursing in association with the North Yorkshire Coalition, including the Yorkshire and Humber Region of the RCN Research Society in partnership with the Universities of Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds and Leeds Metropolitan University and West Yorkshire health economy. The dynamic scientific programme will reflect recent advances in nursing research and will disseminate this growing evidence base relating to clinical practice.
The conference aims to:
- Bring together researchers from diverse clinical and academic settings from around the world to participate in critical debate
- Promote and develop nursing knowledge
- Facilitate sharing and collaboration between health care researchers
- Help participants to better understand and contribute to evidence-informed policy and practice
To stimulate networking and debate the conference will include a variety of keynote papers, symposia, workshops, concurrent sessions, poster presentations and visual presentations with expert review (ViPER). There will also be fringe meetings and a lively social programme.
- July 2010 - Online abstract management system opens
- 22 Nov 2010 - Deadline for submitting abstracts
- 13 Dec 2010 - Outcome of scientific review accessible via online abstract management system
- 31 Jan 2011 - Deadline for suggesting fringe items
- 28 Feb 2011 - Deadline for early bird registration
- 15 May 2011 - Reception for all delegates arriving early (6pm, Yorkshire Hotel)
- 16 - 18 May 2011 - Conference
The RCN Research Society is keen that the process of building up the conference programme be open and transparent, and feedback is welcomed. The scientific committee is responsible for managing the process of abstract selection and preparing the professional content of the conference programme. The organising committee, which has local knowledge, is responsible for all other aspects of the conference.
The conference dinner takes place on Tuesday 17 May 2011. The cost is £40
Register here for email updates
If you would like to be kept informed of future development for the conference, please email your contact details to email@example.com
Further general information about the RCN Research Society international annual nursing research conference can be received through Kathryn Clark, Conference and Events Manager, RCN Events. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tel: 020-7647 3585.