RCN Annual International Nursing Research Conference
11 - 13 May 2010, The Sage Gateshead, Newcastle Gateshead, North East England, UK
- Poster and oral presentation awards
- Marjorie Simpson new researchers' award
- Akinsanya award for innovation in doctoral studies in nursing
- The final announcement (PDF, 358KB) for the 2010 conference is now available.
- Post conference online evaluation form
- Join us on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=74646374808
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RCNResSoc
About the conference
The RCN Research Society is pleased to announce the 2010 International Nursing Research conference to be held at the Sage, Gateshead, in North East England. This is the annual showcase conference of the RCN Research Society and is organised in association with the RCN Northern Research Society Steering Group, Durham University, Newcastle University, North East Strategic Health Authority, Northumbria University, University of Sunderland and University of Teesside.
This year the event coincides with International Nurses Day on 12 May. Every year on this day, nurses across the globe celebrate nurses and nursing in memory of Florence Nightingale who died in 1910. Alongside a dynamic scientific programme, the 2010 conference will include additional centenary events that reflect Florence Nightingale's contribution to patient care and research.
The conference aims to:
- Bring together researchers from diverse clinical and academic settings from around the world to participate in critical debate
- Promote and develop nursing knowledge
- Facilitate sharing and collaboration between health care researchers
- Help participants to better understand and contribute to evidence-informed policy and practice
To stimulate networking and debate the conference will include a variety of keynote papers, symposia, workshops, concurrent sessions, poster presentations and visual presentations with expert review (ViPER). There will also be fringe meetings and a lively social programme.
- July 2009- Online abstract management system opens
- 2 Nov 2009 - Deadline for submitting abstracts
- 1 Dec 2009 - Outcome of scientific review accessible via online abstract management system
- 31 Jan 2010 - Deadline for suggesting fringe items
- 28 Feb 2010 - Deadline for early bird registration
- 10 May 2010 - Reception for all delegates arriving early
- 11 - 13 May 2010 - Conference
The RCN Research Society is keen that the process of building up the conference programme be open and transparent, and feedback is welcomed. The scientific committee is responsible for managing the process of abstract selection and preparing the professional content of the conference programme. The organising committee, which has local knowledge, is responsible for all other aspects of the conference.
Register here for email updates
If you would like to be kept informed of future development for the conference, please email your contact details to email@example.com
Further general information about the RCN Research Society international annual nursing research conference can be received through Kathryn Clark, Conference and Events Manager, RCN Events. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tel: 020-7647 3585.