The membership payment plan for health practitioners such as health care assistants and assistant practitioners.
Health practitioner members are those not eligible for nurse membership or student membership, and their area of work is recognised by RCN Council as affording them eligibility for this membership category. These areas of membership are as follows:
- learning disability
- long term (nursing and residential homes)
- diagnostic and therapeutic support
- dialysis support
- paediatric (related to children in hospital and long-term care)
- acute care (all areas)
- mental health acute and long term care
- care for children and younger people
- operating department practice
- promoting independence.
have their work routinely delegated by a registered nurse, midwife or health visitor,
have, or are working towards a qualification in health and care at level one of the National Qualifications Framework in England, Wales or Northern Ireland or level four (or higher) of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework in Scotland.
Period of availability
The period of availability is ongoing, or until the member meets the criteria for, and wishes to transfer to an alternative payment plan.
Annual rate: £97.47 (77.97 after tax relief*)
Monthly rate: £8.12 (£6.50 after tax relief*)
* tax relief may vary depending on the tax situation of each member.
Members can save money on their membership by claiming tax relief. Find out how in Claiming tax relief on RCN subscriptions.
There are standard conditions and limitations to indemnity cover which are detailed in RCN indemnity scheme.