The RCN's dignity objectives
The 'Dignity: at the heart of everything we do' objectives are:
- Demonstrating that the nursing workforce cares passionately about this issue
- Boosting awareness of dignity in care for UK nursing staff in health and social care, reinforcing messages about why it is so important
- Highlighting and sharing practitioners' firsthand experiences of championing dignity, plus disseminating ideas for improvement
- Providing learning materials to help nursing staff improve the quality of care for patients and clients
- Lobbying for changes in the culture and practice of health services that enable nursing staff to deliver dignified care to their patients and clients.