Congress 2008 webcast
All the debates, resolutions and keynote speeches will be available in archive form soon after each live event has concluded. Please note that due to copyright legislation the audio will cut out during periods where commercially available music has been used. The interruption to service is, however, minimal.
Sunday 27 April
Monday 28 April
- Key note speech - Dr Peter Carter, RCN Chief Executive & General Secretary
- Resolution 1 - Presumed consent is not informed consent
- Fringe event - Nurses pay
- Report of Council
- Resolution 2 - Health care reform - how far, how fast?
- Resolution 3 - Time to care for the Pay Review Body
- Resolution 4 - Out-of-hours community nursing - a challenge too far
Tuesday 29 April
- Resolution 5 - Contracts out
- Resolution 6 - The NHS at 60 - what next?
- Resolution 7 - A lost generation
- Fringe event - Student Assembly
- Resolution 8 - Stop watch care
- Resolution 9 - Left holding no baby
- Resolution 10 - Testing times
- Resolution 11 - Young, gay and ignored (continued tomorrow)
- Round table discussion on regulation
Wednesday 30 April
- Resolution 11 - Young, gay and ignored
- Resolution 12 - Maintaining standards, safeguarding care
- Resolution 13 - End rule 12?
- Resolution 14 - The Mental Capacity Act 2005 - implications for health care, impact on nursing
- Resolution 27E - Keep student nurses nursing
- Resolution 15 - A loss of faith
- Key note speech - Secretary of State for Health, Alan Johnson
- Resolution 16 - Do we practice what we preach?
- Resolution 17 - Special (but only while needed)
- John Goodlad Memorial Lecture - Jonathon Porritt, Sustainable development in health care
Thursday 1 May
- Resolution 28E - Let's start the debate now
- Key note speech - Shadow Secretary of State for Health, Andrew Lansley
- Resolution 18 - Payment by results or poor results?
- Resolution 19 - Vulnerable adults - what difference can training make?
- Resolution 20 - Men can be victims too
- Resolution 21 - Safe drinking
- Resolution 22 - Telecare in the community
- Resolution 23 - A sporting chance
- Resolution 24 - Just because we can does it mean we should?
- Resolution 25 - Those who can do!
- Resolution 26 - You must be joking
- Closing comments