One strong message
The RCN is committed to enhancing the professional development of our members and provides a wealth of expertise and educational resources, all aimed at improving knowledge, skills and practice.
The RCN values its partnerships with industry and establishes mutually beneficial relationships with organisations that align with our strategy and vision. We embrace a collaborate approach to delivering education for nurses and improved outcomes for patients.
Across a variety of nursing specialisms you can work with us to deliver educational programmes that are far reaching, influential and ultimately improve patient care.
We are currently seeking sponsorship for the following portfolio of activities:
- Guideline and early warning scoring tool for neurovascular assessment.
- Paediatric Oncology Toolkit, supporing appropriate treatment and care for patients undergoing cancer treatment.
2013-14 event programmes
- Seeking sponsorship for the RCN Mental Health and Forensic Conference.
- Seeking sponsorship for the RCN Pain Conference; the basic principles of assessment and management and the role played by healthcare assistants and assistant practitioners.
Learning and development resources
In the next year the RCN is looking to expand its learning and development resources. Opportunities are expected to include the following introductory resources:
- obesity management
- motivational interviewing skills.
The following workshops, publications and projects have funding already secured; they provide a flavour of the way we are currently working with industry and highlight how we could work with your organisation in the future.
- In collaboration with The National End of Life Care Programme, the RCN will deliver a series of End of Life Care Workshops.
- In collaboration with Care Fusion, the RCN will deliver an asepsis Health Care Associated Infection workshop.
- In collaboration with the Department of Health and Slimming World, the RCN will deliver a series of Motivational Interviewing Workshops promoting the importance of Making Every Contact Count.
- In collaboration with Merck Sharpe Dohme, the RCN will launch a publication regarding Medicines Management.
In partnership with Abbott Nutrition, the RCN launched the Nutrition Now campaign in 2007 to raise the standards of nutrition and hydration in hospital and community settings. An extensive range of practical tools and educational resources were developed and disseminated through a UK-wide programme of educational workshops across all health care settings.
In 2010 the campaign went on to win the Best Professional Education Programme category at the Communiqué Awards where it was described by the judges as "Great partnership work, well-rounded and implemented on an impressive scale”.
Dignity: at the heart of everything we do
While dignity is clearly a vital component of patient care, the RCN was concerned that it was beginning to be lost. This is why the RCN Dignity campaign was launched in partnership with Smith and Nephew in 2008. The campaign provided support and direction to the UK’s nursing workforce in delivering quality and dignified care to patients and clients of any status in every setting.
RCN corporate relations: enabling you to engage, relate and communicate with the nursing team
Contact us: 020 7647 3959