Tailoring HepC treatment for optimal outcomes
Date: 21 September 2011 to 21 September 2011
Location: Malmaison Hotel, Birmingham
- Discuss the prevalence of HepC in the local region.
- Review the new terminology used in triple therapy.
Instil the right amount of hope
- Understand the important distinctions between cure rates with triple therapy based on patient characteristics.
Know when to start, know when to stop
- Review the best time to initiate therapy.
- Understand why and when it is necessary to stop therapy and how to manage adverse events to prevent stopping therapy unnecessarily.
Know drug-drug interactions, know resistance
- Discuss the importance of drug-drug interactions with triple therapy, and how to access the most recent data.
- Review the potential role of resistance to direct-acting antiviral therapy and how to manage it.
Interactive treatment decisions
- Put the key learning points from the previous session in to practice and debate the decisions with the faculty.
Study hours: two
Name: Rob Terrell
Tel: 01625 664344