International Nurses Day
Published: 31 May 2012
RCN North West members celebrate International Nurses’ Day
A range of events took place across the region in the lead-up to, and following, 12 May:
· East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust held their event at The Learning and Development Centre at the Royal Blackburn Hospital on Tuesday 8 May. Speakers included last year’s Nursing Standard Nurse of the Year Fiona Murphy
· Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust’s event took place at Arrowe Park Hospital on Thursday 10 May
· Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s event took place at The Georges Community Centre on West Street in Crewe, from 10-4pm on 11 May
· Partnerships in Care events took place at The Spinney in Atherton and Kemple View in Langho, Blackburn on Friday 11 May
· The second International Nurses’ Day Conference took place at the Mary Seacole Building at the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work at the University of Salford’s Frederick Road Campus on 11 May, from 9.30am-4.00pm. Speakers included RCN President Andrea Spyropoulos.
· The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust’s event took place on 11 May, and included addresses/speeches from Trust Chief Executive Dr. Liz Mear, Director of Nursing Lisa Grant, and Steve Rotheram MP
· Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s event took place at Blackpool Victoria Hospital on 18 May
· Lancashire West branch held an event at the University of Central Lancashire on 24 May – it was the third year in a row that UCLan had held such an event. In total on the day, £1400.05 was raised, which was split between the RCN Benevolent Fund the Florence Nightingale Foundation.