Reviewing the Working Time Directive
- Published: 19 May 2011
- Source: External
- Source name: European Commission
- RCN Staff lead: Kim Sunley
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 24 March 2010, the European Commission issued a consultation for the social partners at EU level to respond on the Working Time Directive.
- Published date: 8 March 2011To protect workers’ health and safety, minimum rules are needed on working time in all EU Member States. Over the years, the RCN has taken an active interest in the issue of working time and how long hours and shift work affects the health and safety of our members and the patients they care for.
- Published date: 28 January 2011As part of its review of the EU working time Directive, the Commission has launched the mandatory second stage of consultation with workers' and employers' representatives at EU level.