The careers service provides confidential advice and guidance on:
- writing application forms and CVs
- interview skills
- career planning
- continuing professional development.
An adviser can help you work through self-assessment exercises to plan your career more effectively.
- A range of career factsheets, covering career options in nursing, plus helpful hints and tips on applying for jobs are also available on our factsheets page.
- NHS Employers has produced a career planning tool, based on the Nursing Career Framework. It includes case studies, career information and pathways for a range of nursing roles. Visit the nursing careers website.
- Visit the RCN learning zone for interactive learning materials on CVs, interview skills and career development.
- A fortnightly RCN Bulletin is delivered to each member with job vacancies for NHS staff.
- For information about becoming a nurse, midwife or other caring roles, visit www.rcn.org.uk/nursing/worldskills_2011.
To make an appointment with a careers adviser, contact the RCN member support services helpline on 0345 408 4391. The helpline for this service is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can complete our online referral form selecting 'careers' from the drop-down menu.