Audit Committee Appointments
Applications were held for the following two roles:
- Chair to the Audit Committee
- Independent Committee Member
Please note applications have now closed.
About the roles:
The role of the Audit Committee is:
- To advise Council on the effectiveness of its control environment so as to support and enhance the delivery of the organisation’s work and strategic priorities.
- To oversee the financial reporting process to ensure the balance, transparency and integrity of published financial information for the RCN and RCN Group; and
- To review the effectiveness of:
- the RCN and RCN Group’s internal control, risk management and compliance systems; and
- the independent audit process, including recommending the appointment and assessing the performance of the internal and external auditor and the provision of non-audit services.
The Chair is appointed by RCN Council and attends Confidential Sessions of Council.
They serve a maximum term of five years and have the support of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services and the Director of Governance Support to ensure that the Committee undertakes the stewardship functions set out in the terms of reference and works efficiently and effectively.
The Committee meets four times per year and for approximately 4 hours at each sitting. In addition there are three Council Meetings which the Chair of the Audit Committee would be expected to attend for part of the meeting. Meetings are held in London.
These roles are unremunerated.