Applications are now being accepted to the following of RCN forum steering committees:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Cancer and Breast Care
- Continence Care
- CYP: Acute Care
- CYP: Continuing and Community Care
- CYP: Specialist Care
- Defence Nursing
- District Nursing
- Emergency Care Association
- ENT - Maxillofacial Nursing
- Fertility Nursing
- General Practice Nursing
- History of Nursing Society
- Learning Disability Nursing
- Management and Leadership
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Public Health
- Rheumatology Nursing
The deadline for applications is 4.30pm on Wednesday 24 August. The terms of office will be from 1 January 2017 and in most instances will be for four years. Members are eligible to sit on the committee for up to eight years.
To apply you must:
- be a nurse member, student member, or health practitioner member of the RCN
- be a member of the forum of the steering committee to which you are hoping to be appointed and have this as your first choice forum
- declare your ability and willingness to fulfil the commitments of the office for which you are seeking appointment
- agree to work within RCN policy and guidelines
- speak to your employer to ask for their support and to make sure you are able to commit the time needed for the role
- ensure that all the information entered on your application form is correct.
The appointments process has been designed to be professional, fair and supportive which a focus on the skills and qualities you can bring to the forum and the RCN. The appointments process, from shortlisting through to interviews is member-led and ensures that RCN forums are led by people who are subject area specialists and reflect the diversity of the nursing workforce.
If you would like to apply to join one of the forum steering committees, please complete this application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4.30pm on Wednesday 24 August 2016.