The candidates have now been declared eligible to stand for election.
The following candidates have been duly elected unopposed:
- Lorrae Allford (South West)
- Andrew Bassett-Scott Toogood (Yorkshire & the Humber)
- Fiona Devlin (Northern Ireland)
- Gaynor Jones (Wales)
- Mike Travis (North West)
You can find out more about the candidates who are standing for election in contested seats on the election platform.
Voting will open for contested seats on 4 September 2017.
The RCN Trade Union Committee
Members of the RCN Trade Union Committee will fulfil a key role to help the RCN become a model progressive special register trade union that continues to grow and thrive. This committee will be accountable to RCN Council and will make decisions on its behalf on all the trade union functions and activities of the RCN.
Find out moreTo explain more about the committee we have produced a brochure which you may find helpful. There is also a role descriptor which goes into more detail about what qualities we are looking for in committee members.
- RCN Trade Union Committee terms of reference
- RCN Trade Union Committee election procedure for 12 nurse members representing countries and regions
- RCN Trade Union Committee election procedure for a health practitioner member
- RCN Trade Union Committee election procedure for a student member