We are aiming to build a library of good practice and to invest in a small number of projects to support their wider development and evaluation.
These submissions will be reviewed with 100 being chosen to receive the support of an expert mentor in order to develop them further.
Of the 100 projects chosen by the RCN, 3 or 4 will be taken even further by the RCN with a view to developing them to their fullest potential. For example, the RCN could campaign for your clinical innovation to be introduced as standard practice across the country, creating a real legacy for the Centenary.
What we need from you:
- Your ideas! Tell us which changes or improvements (no matter how small) you think could make a difference to your patients, using the online form.
- Your voice! Tell your team about this project and encourage them to get involved.
- Your time. If your idea is selected as part of the project, you will be partnered with an expert mentor to help you develop it further. The good news is that this time will count towards your CPD hours and all development will be fully funded by the RCN Foundation.
What you can expect from us:
- Guidance – we will partner you with an expert mentor to help you make your idea a reality. This could be by supporting you to develop a presentation for delivery a conference or supporting you to write a paper or journal article for publication. Your idea will always remain yours – you will retain all rights to your intellectual property.
- Support – your mentor will meet with you in person and by phone or Skype to understand your project and use their expertise to help you explore its applicability. They will provide proof-reading support and help you further refine your project and decide next steps.
- Funding – if your idea is chosen for further development, we will cover the costs incurred including travel, conference attendance and submission of articles to professional journals.