Specialist Nurses can be found in all
areas of clinical practice. These roles are typified by the use of advanced
clinical skills and can include leading, organising and delivering complex care
across multi-professions and services.
About the award: This award aims to recognise
Specialist Nurses who have applied advance or specialist nursing practice to
make an outstanding contribution to patient care, including the introduction of
changes that lead to innovative programmes of care.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nurses registered on all parts of the NMC register
Working at specialist level in a clinical role within Wales
Practising in any sector for example; NHS, Local Authority, Third
and Independent sectors
Able to demonstrate that their work relates to a relevant health framework and that the approach to care is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
- Through effective leadership able to demonstrate a central contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
- Using a credible evidence-base to under pin under their work or the project for which they are being nominated
- Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework of the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
- Able to demonstrate the impact the work has had on patients, clients, families and colleagues
- Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, be able to demonstrate a positive impact