About the Award: This award will celebrate the contribution of an exceptional nursing or midwifery leader in Wales, who by inspiring others and demonstrating exceptional leadership, has made a significant difference to patient care.WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Registrants on all parts of the NMC register who are:
• In a leadership role at any level of practice or management settings within Wales
• Practising in any sector for example; Higher or Further Education, NHS, Local Authority, Third and Independent sectors
- Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
- Through exceptional leadership able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
- Use of a credible evidence-base and / or are developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
- Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
- Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
- Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact; indicating as far as possible the potential for spread across the whole Welsh health system
- Show passion for the nursing or midwifery profession by going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.