Specialist Nurses can be found in all areas of clinical practice. These roles are typified by the use of advanced clinical skills and can include leading, organising and delivering complex care across multi-professions and services.
About the award: This award aims to recognise Specialist Nurses who have applied advance or specialist nursing practice to make an outstanding contribution to patient care, including the introduction of changes that lead to innovative programmes of care.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nurses registered on all parts of the NMC register who are:
• Working at specialist level in a clinical role within Wales
• Practising in any sector for example; NHS, Local Authority, Third and Independent sectors
• Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
• Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
• Use of a credible evidence-base and / or are developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
• Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
• Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
• Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
• Show passion for the nursing profession by going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.