Mental Health Nurses work with people of all ages, from childhood through adulthood to old age. As well as supporting people with mental illness, they have an important role to play in the mental health promotion of individuals and the wider community. Mental Health Nurses work as part of wider multidisciplinary and inter-agency teams to plan and deliver mental healthcare, ranging from promoting emotional and mental wellbeing through to supporting people with acute mental illness.
Learning Disability Nurses aim to support the wellbeing and social inclusion of people with learning disabilities to maintain and maximise physical and mental health. They also work to reduce the barriers to social inclusion, so supporting the individual to pursue a fulfilling life.
About the award: This award aims to recognise an exceptional Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of individuals living with mental illness and/or learning disability.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurses who are:
• Working at any level within a clinical role or managing clinical services within Wales
• Practiing in any sector for example; Higher or Further Education, NHS, Local Authority, Third and Independent sectors
• May be working with children, young people, adults or older people
• Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
• Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
• Use of a credible evidence-base and / or developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
• Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
• Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
• Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
• Show passion for the nursing profession by going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.