arrow_up-blue blog branches consultations events facebook-icon facebook-icon2 factsheet forum-icon forum hands key link location lock mail measure menu_plus news pdf pdf2 phone policies publications related search share subjectguide twitter-icon word instagram-icon youtube-icon

Are you a Student?

University Welfare Offices

Generally the best place for students to access debt and benefit advice is through their university’s welfare office. They will have local knowledge on support specific to your area and you may be able to access financial assistance through its Discretionary Hardship Fund. 

For this reason, students should access their university’s welfare office before contacting the Lamplight Support Service for advice.

To search for your university union, click here

RCN Student Money Guide

There are many ways for students to make their money go further. The RCN Student Money Guide provides advice on bursaries, benefits and housing, as well as tips on saving money and budgeting.

Lamplight Support Service

If your bursary or student finance has been stopped because you are taking a break due to illness or other circumstances beyond your control, you may be eligible to apply for a grant through the Lamplight Support Service.

Further details are contained in our Guide to Financial Assistance

National Union of Students

Contact your Student Union for advice about financial support or assistance.

Student Money Guide

Advice on funding, benefits and housing, as well as tips on saving money and budgeting.

Guide to financial assistance

Read about our eligibility criteria, when we may be able to help and the grant application process.