The NICE draft guideline on Smoking cessation interventions and services and its supporting evidence are now out for consultation
- covers stop smoking interventions and services delivered in primary care and community settings for everyone over the age of 12.
- recommendations focus on vulnerable groups who find it hard to quit or who smoke a lot.
- will update and replace NICE guidelines PH1 (published March 2006) and PH10 (published February 2008).
- is for:
- Health, social care and other front line staff with links to stop smoking services.
- Providers of stop smoking interventions or services, including those in the voluntary and community sectors who have a role or responsibility for this.
- Health and wellbeing boards.
- Commissioners of stop smoking services.
It may also be relevant for:
For further information or to provide feedback, please contact Caroline Rapu.