The Children's and Neonatal Intensive Care Community is a virtual network of individuals with an interest in children, infants and neonates throughout their critical care journey. This spans intensive, high dependency, special and transitional care environments.
The purpose is to promote Children's and Neonatal Intensive Care by:
- maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- providing peer support
- continuing education
- facilitating a dialogue between the Royal College of Nursing and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- Sustain contribution to DH Commissioning for neonatal services
- Complete work with NPSA and NICE
- Disseminate Competency and Education Framework for Neonatal Nurses nationally and internationally (project bid)
- Share and disseminate good practice: Annual Acute Focused Paediatric Nursing Journal
- Develop fringe events further
- Establish community membership.
The community is currently identifying the lead coordinator. In the meantime contact Dave Clarke, Chair of the CYP Acute Care Forum steering committee for more information on how to get involved at email@example.com.