The Children's Orthopaedic and Trauma Community is a virtual network of individuals committed to advancing the care of children, young people and families in all aspects of orthopaedic and trauma care. The overall aim of the group is to promote the specialty of paediatric orthopaedics.
The purpose is to promote children's orthopaedic and trauma care by:
- Networking - to identify RCN members with an interest in children's orthopaedic nursing.
- Recognition - to acknowledge all members’ contributions in shaping the future of children’s orthopaedic nursing.
- Communication - to facilitate the improvement of open channels to MDT communication.
- Inclusion - to embrace the views of children and young people.
- Education - to review current practice, and sets standards for best practice.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of care for orthopaedic patients in our various hospital settings through our purpose statement
- To raise the profile of children’s orthopaedic nursing, including junior and advanced roles.
The community is currently identifying the lead coordinator. In the meantime contact Dave Clarke, Chair of the CYP Acute Care Forum steering committee for more information on how to get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.