The Pain in Children and Young People community is a virtual network of individuals committed to promoting excellent practice in the management of pain for children and young people.
The purpose is to promote the management of pain in children's Care by:
- maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- providing peer support
- continuing education
- facilitating a dialogue between the Royal College of Nursing and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of care for children in pain
- To raise the profile of managing pain in children’s nursing
The community is currently identifying the lead coordinator. In the meantime contact Jessica Higson, Chair of Children and Young People’s Professional Issues Forum at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.