A vacancy has arisen for a member/members of the RCN Research Society to apply for funding to attend RCN Congress as a voting member and represent the Research Society. To be eligible to apply, the Research Society must be nominated as your first choice forum and you must be available to attend congress during 19-23 May 2019.
Please note the timeline for this process:
- Expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 25 February 2019
- Deadline for applications 27 February 2019
- Applicants will be advised of outcome: 28 Feb 2019
- Successful applicant(s) must register as a Congress delegate by 1 March the latest
Voting members, as the name suggests, sit in the main hall during the Congress debates, listen to all the debates, and vote on resolutions. The Congress agenda can be found here.
Being a voting member is a great opportunity to play an active role in the RCN and you will be required to discuss the debates with the Research Society Steering Committee before and after via tele-conference to ensure that you have a good understanding of the topics under discussion and feel supported by the committee.
As a funded voting member you get your travel and accommodation provided, for the days you are registered to vote at Congress.
Why not read our guidance for voting members to get more of an idea of what you will be doing before, during and after Congress if your application is successful.
If interested please contact Denise Alexis, RCN Research Society Project Co-ordinator at email@example.com
How we represent Society members
- Providing research leadership and expertise to support the RCN's strategic intent to influence the development of practice and policy from an evidence base.
- Supporting and meetings the needs of the Society's members.
- Providing a network for sharing experiences and learning and development opportunities.