Nominations now open
Nominations are now open for the following seats on the RCN Professional Nursing Committee: Eastern, East Midlands, London, Northern, Northern Ireland, North West and Student.
Members within these countries, regions or membership categories are invited to put themselves forward by completing this nomination form by 4.30pm on Friday 4 October 2019.
Time commitments of the role
As a member of RCN Professional Nursing Committee the following time commitment is required in order to undertake the role effectively:
- Attendance at between 4 to 6 face to face meetings a year. These are generally in London and may require an overnight stay. Additional teleconferences may also be called.
- Between four to five days’ attendance at RCN Congress and the AGM – usually in the spring or early summer of each year.
- Attendance at 3 to 4 meetings of your country or regional board – as a Council/Trade Union Committee/Professional Nursing Committee member you will also be an ex-officio member of the Board.
- Attendance at other events in order to represent the RCN as agreed – up to 4 to 5 days should be allowed for this.
- You should also provide for 3 to 4 additional days to enable you to take part in other activity and become involved in task and finish groups, for example, as and when required.
- Time for reading papers and other materials in between meetings
- Taking on a Chair or Vice Chair role will require additional commitment.
Find out more
To explain more about the committee we have produced a brochure which you may find helpful.
There is also a role descriptor which goes into more detail about what qualities we are looking for in committee members.
You can also read the committee's terms of reference.
If you have any further queries please contact RCN Governance on email@example.com or 020 7647 3644.