A casual vacancy has arisen on the RCN Trade Union Committee for a member from Northern Ireland. The term of office is from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2021. In line with RCN Council's process for filling casual vacancies this will be filled by election.
Nurse members who are accredited reps in Northern Ireland are invited to put themselves forward by completing this nomination form by 4.30pm on Monday 28 October 2019.
To find out more and to confirm your eligibility for nomination, please read the election procedure.
Time commitments of the role
As a member of the RCN Trade Union Committee the following time commitment is required in order to undertake the role effectively:
- Attendance at between four to six face to face meetings a year. These are generally in London and may require an overnight stay. Additional teleconferences may also be called.
- Between four to five days’ attendance at RCN Congress and the AGM – usually in the spring or early summer of each year.
- Attendance at three to four meetings of the RCN Northern Ireland Board – as a Trade Union Committee member you will also be an ex-officio member of the Northern Ireland Board.
- Attendance at other events in order to represent the RCN as agreed – up to four to five days should be allowed for this.
- You should also provide for three to four additional days to enable you to take part in other activity and become involved in task and finish groups, for example, as and when required.
- Time for reading papers and other materials in between meetings
- Taking on a Chair or Vice Chair role will require additional commitment.
Find out more
To explain more about the committee we have produced a brochure which you may find helpful.
There is also a role descriptor which goes into more detail about what qualities we are looking for in committee members.
You can also read the committee's terms of reference.
If you have any further queries please contact RCN Governance on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7647 3644.